For a healthy baby, mom should have a healthy diet, which includes the right amount of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and fresh fruits, and vegetables. Also, your diet should include all the nutrients which your baby needs while pregnancy. A woman’s body absorbs more iron in pregnancy and, hence you need to add iron supplements in your diet.
A woman who is underweight, recommends gaining weight, and women who are overweight need to maintain the weight during pregnancy. To maintain the weight you have to take a proper and balanced diet which should include all essential nutrients.
Here are some foods which can be magical for you throughout your pregnancy period
• Fruits and vegetables: Everyone knows that fruits and vegetables are essential for the body and these are most special during pregnancy time. Nutritionist suggests that you should aim for 5 portions of fruits and vegetable daily in your diet, which includes dried, juices, frozen, canned, or fresh. But it’s better if you consume fruits directly rather than Juice because natural fruits are having natural sugar which can never be harmful to you as well as your baby.
• Proteins: There are so many sources of protein for all those who are non-vegetarian and also for those who are vegans. Non-vegetarians can consume fish, lean meat, chicken, and eggs. While, vegans can have tofu, soya, beans, lentils, nuts, and seeds as a good source of protein and iron. Try not to consume seafood’s as expert says that those who consume these have a higher risk of anxiety.
• Fats: Fats are very essential during pregnancy, but, high-fat diet can cause genetic problems in the baby. Monounsaturated and omega 3 are considered as healthy fats. Examples of healthy fats are nuts, olive oil, sunflower oil, avocado, and many seeds.
• Fiber: In pregnancy, there is a lot of chance of constipation, so to heal this fiber food is very essential to lower down the risk of constipation. Pulses like beans and lentils, whole grains, pasta, bread, fruits, and vegetables are rich in fiber.
• Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an important component of pregnancy because they are high in energy. Carbohydrates-rich foods are rich, potatoes, pasta, and breads.
• Zinc: Zinc plays a major role in the development of the fetus. It is responsible for growth and cell division.
• Iron: Iron the most important part of haemoglobin. The amount of blood gets increase by 50% in woman’s body during pregnancy. Hence, proper intake of iron is very essential, else the woman will become anaemic. And if the mother is anaemic, there is a high risk of losing blood during delivery and even premature baby. Hence, proper intake of iron is essential. The iron-rich food is dry fruits, lean meat, cooked oyster, dark green vegetables, poultry products, wholegrain like oats, and wheat, and beans.
These are some superfoods that a pregnant lady should consume in her diet. Other than these, there are some foods that should be strictly avoided during pregnancy. The following are those:
• Mercury based fish
• Raw food
• Uncooked or overcooked food
• Raw eggs
• Package food
• Alcohol consumption
Your gynaecologist guide you to take proper supplement. So, take care of yourself and your baby. Stay healthy!