Blackheads are an eyesore and popping them out is a hell lot of pain. They are basically skin pores that get clogged with dead skin and oil, which in turn produce bumps. Blackheads can appear anywhere on the skin where hair follicles are present.
Everyone wants a clear, flawless and glowing skin. But, blackheads makes the skin worse. Even though they are small, blackheads seems to be the most stubborn form of pimples; as much as I tried to poke, squeeze and prod, they always seemed to return. Exposure of blackheads to air makes these bumps look black.
Factors contributing Blackheads:
• Naturally oily skin.
• Acne prone skin.
• Tight fitting clothes.
• Spend too much time in sun.
• Sweat profusely
• Suffering from PCOS
• Prone to excessive stress.
• Excessive use of makeup products.
Instead of opting for facial or nose strips, you can get rid of them naturally and without pain. Yes, you heard right. Here are some for sure home remedies to remove blackheads.
1. Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has anti-comedogenic properties. It reduce non-inflamed dark lesions of skin, which helps to remove blackheads.
Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with any carrier oil. Apply on blackhead prone area with coconut pad. Repeat 3-4 times daily.
2. Honey: It is the oldest natural remedies for skin infection and dry skin. It helps your skin hydrated and supple, this preventing the clogging of pores with dry and dead skin cells. Hence, it helps to get rid of blackheads.
Direct applying honey using cotton pad on blackheads and wash off after 20 minutes. Repeat this 3-4 times in a week.
3. Corn-starch and vinegar: Corn-starch absorbs the excess oil, while vinegar helps to fade the discolouration caused by the blackheads.
Mix one tablespoon of corn-starch with vinegar, until it form a thick past. Apply on affected area and leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water, follow up with cold water or an ice cube to close the pores.
4. Egg white and honey: This mask is a great way to get rid of blackheads. The mask can be applied to while face. It not only removes blackheads but will also gives you a glowing skin.
Apply the mixture to face until the skin starts to feel tight. Rinse off mask with warm water.
5. Lemon Juice: It removes dead skin cells and also gets rid of blackheads, because it is a natural astringent.
Apply lemon juice direct overnight to skin concentrating on blackheads. Rinse off in the morning with warm water.
6. Turmeric: It help to remove blackheads due to its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with water or coconut oil to form a paste. Apply to face for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
So ladies and girls, start removing your blackheads at your home and save time and money.