Lipstick is an absolute makeup essential that can turn your look around in so many ways. From making you look like all girly with peachy just-kissed lips to a dazzling damsel with wine red pout- lips and work wonders for you.
Just try shopping online and you will get lost among the different types of lipsticks. But do you know which one is perfect for a day out with the girls, which one is perfect for office and what’s the best type of lipstick for a party?
Here’s a handy guide that will help you out!
1. Sheer Lipstick: A little shine and spark
Sheer Lipsticks are the first choice of women who love a little spark on their lips. Whether it is your office or a party this lipstick will be suitable with any of your dress or look. These lipsticks are enriched with moisturising oils so that your lips don’t remain dry. The only thing that you have to take care of is reapplying it often when you feel that the colour is fading a bit.
• M.A.C. Lustre Lipstick-See Sheer (Rs.1500)
• Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (Rs.4235)
2. Glossy Lips: The glamorous lustre!
Ideal for those with thin lips, these are easy to wear. These enhances the appearance of any smile. The luminosity factor is high in these lipsticks. The good part is that they are deeply hydrating as well. These lipsticks are available in liquid form as well as gloss-stick, which basically look like lipsticks but give the finish of a gloss. If you like getting attention from people then these glory lipsticks will definitely bring you some.
• Lake Absolute Plump and Shine Lip Gloss (Rs.428)
• Lotus Herbals Seduction Botanical Tinted Lip Gloss Berry Smoothie (Rs.245)
• NYX Butter Gloss (Rs.550)
3. Matte Lipstick: A sophisticated velvet finish
As the name implies, this is a lipstick that finishes with a rather flat look and is ideal when you are opting for a dark and dramatic shade. These are contrary to sheer or glossy lipsticks which are all about a lustrous look. They are brilliant at hiding pigmented and patchy lips.
• Nykaa Matte to Last! Liquid Lipstick (Rs.599)
• Lake 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Color (Rs.600)
4. Creamy Lipstick: A combo of texture and gloss!
These lipsticks are effortless to apply with a gliding flow. They are rich in oils and butter and therefore, are excellent for nourishing lips. These lipsticks have a high quality of wax. The wax helps to increase the staying power of the lipsticks. Creamy lipsticks are perfect for colder climates as they tend to melt in hot, humid conditions. Stash them in fridge during summer to retain their consistency and prevent breakage.
• Lake 9 to 5 Crease-less Creme Lipstick (Rs.405)
• Colorbar Creme Touch Lip Color (Rs.499)
• Lake Absolute Lip Tint/Pout Creme (Rs.650)
5. Balm Tints: Lip care with a dash of colour.
Balm tints are perfect for every day wear at home, for college or for work. These balms are usually available in a crayon form and leave your lips moist with natural looking colour. Some of the balms are also available with SPF protection to keep your lips nourished. This is a must have beauty product for your lip care and should be worn daily for moisturised lips.
• Burt’s Bee Tinted Lip Balm (Rs.3599)
• Maybelline New York Baby Lips Candy Wow ( Rs.260)
• Lake Lip Love Lip Care (Rs.180)
• Rimmel Moisture Renee Lipstick (Rs.550)
So, ladies which one did you like the best and want to add in your collection?