It’s natural that who want to shed weight after pregnancy, but make sure you do it in the right way. Instead of going on a crash diet which harm your baby’s breastfeeding chances and also cause health complications, it’s better to reduce weight naturally and safely. Following are some tips to regain your weight without affecting your health:
• Be Realistic: Weight loss after pregnancy can take time, be realistic to expect that, it will take around 1 to 2years to loose 4.5kg.
• Don’t Crash Diet: Low calorie diet are not recommended for breastfeeding mothers. However decreasing your intake of 500 calories per day with help you to reduce 0.5 kg per week.
• Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding has many advantages for both mother and baby, it may be difficult to loose weight in the three months of Postpartum, but after three months, breastfeeding may help to loose weight.
• Eat high Fibre food: Soluble fibre may help with weight loss by increasing feeling of fullness and regulating appetite hormones.
• Smaller portions and more number of meals: Instead of going for three big meals in a day, opt for six smaller meals. Keeping the smaller portion you don’t feel too heavy at once.
• Stay hydrated: Drinking water and fluids will also prevent dehydration and improve your metabolism, which is effective in managing weight. Include liquid into your diet such as milkshakes, juices, smoothies and soup.
• Start Exercising: Focus on easy and basic exercise to start with, so that you don’t feel too tired or do not hurt yourself in the process. Some exercise you can try are swimming, walking, jogging, aerobics or yoga.
• Get proper sleep: Assign housework to other members and get some sleep when your baby sleeps. Pump out the milk and take some power nap session.
• Lower your stress level: Being a new mom comes with a set of responsibilities and stress. Stress can adversely affect your weight loss. So, ask your partner to take care of baby for sometime, so that you can get me time and relieve from stress.
• Avoid caffeine and alcohol: You may feel that a cup of coffee is best bat to ward off sleep and exhaustion, but it can stop you from weight loss. If you are tired and need something to drink then go for green tea with grated ginger.
• Avoid highly processed food: Processed food are higher in sugar, fat , salt and calories, and are bad for your health. Replace them with fresh, whole foods.
It’s not easy to shed pregnancy weight, but few smart choice and a little more hard work help you.