Today’s era is to look glamorous. But if you are having issue of weight and you need to shed your weight and transform yourself from ‘fat to fit’, then no one other than Bollywood stars can inspires you to do so. Because, many of our Bollywood stars faced these same problems before coming to film industry.
So, here is the list of the look of the celebs who went from ‘fat to fit’:
1. BHUMI PEDNEKAR
This actress broke all the stereotypes with her debut movie. She opted for a de-glamourized and unconventional role, where she had to put on oodles of weight and look plump. In the movie Dum Laga ke Haisha, Bhumi won a million hearts
with her acting skills and her chubby look.
After her debut movie, the actress managed to drop her extra fat and now looks super-sensuous in her new avatar.
Bhumi loose 27 kgs in a few months, that too without starving herself of her favourite foods: She just altered her diet a bit by having “fat-free version” of her favourite food. Here is a look at her healthy diet:
• Breakfast: Glass of juice or eggs, Missi roti or toast, poha or upma
• Lunch: Sabzi roti, Chicken Chawal, or just dal Chawal.She usually has multigrain roti’s and instead of rice, she eats rajgira. She detoxifies her body by guzzling litres of Aloe vera juice every day.
• She starts her day with a morning walk. Sometimes, she turns her walk into a sprint.
• In afternoon, she hits gym where she does 15 minutes of cardio exercises followed by weight training for 40 minutes.
• On certain days, she replaces weight training with functional training.
• She indulges into sports activities like volleyball, badminton or swimming.
• She also dances to her favourite Bollywood numbers.
Having gone to through this wonderful journey, this is what the actress has to say:
“My weight has never been an issue in my life. I don’t think it is a big thing. I’m comfortable with the way I look. Even when I was almost 90 kgs, I thought I looked beautiful. I feel if you think you are beautiful, it will show on your face. It is the state of mind. I’d say it is good to be healthy.”
2. ALIA BHATT
Alia Bhatt has become the darling of the industry. She dreamed of being an actress since her childhood days. At the age of 19, the dreams turned into the reality, when she was offered the lead role in Karan Johar’s STUDENT OF THE YEAR. But the role was given in the condition of she sheds 20 kgs in the next six months. Instead of ducking under the pillow she took it as a challenge.
• Breakfast: Cornflakes, fruits, a bowl of Poha, or a vegetable or an egg white sandwich. Along with that she takes a cup of tea or coffee, without sugar.
• Mid-morning: A glass of vegetable juice, along with a fruit or an idling with a small bowl of sambhar.
• Lunch: Dal, roti and some vegetables. Everything is cooked with little or no oil.
• Tea-time: A fruits and a cup of tea or coffee, again without sugar.
• Dinner: Roti, vegetables, rice with a bowl of dal or a piece of chicken breast.
She follows the simple mantra of low-carb, high-protein diet. She includes a lot of fibrous foods in her diet like oats, salads, fresh fruits, yoghurt etc.
• Running on treadmills
• Dumbbell raises
• Lateral pull-down
• Bicep curls
• Triceps push down
• Back extensions
Alia does about 15-20 repetitions and three sets of each. She practices cardio almost every single day for 30-40 minutes.
In an interview, she was quoted as saying:
“I’m happy for having gone through weight loose process. I think being the right weight for your body type is key- it is not about how bad your biceps are or if you have washboard abs, it is just being healthy and staying fit. Fit, after all, is the new sexual, isn’t it?”
3. SONAKSHI SINHA
Before entering Bollywood Sonakshi lost almost 30 Kgs. However, losing weight was not an easy task for her.From a plump kid to a hot diva, SONAKSHI Sinha has now become a fitness icon for many. In fact, she is thankful to her co-star Salman Khan, for motivating her to shed that extra weight.
• Breakfast: Cereal and milk with whole wheat toast.
• Mid-morning: Some dry fruits and a cup of green tea.
• Lunch: Homemade roti and sabzi with salad
• Evening: A fruit or a cup of green tea.
• Dinner: She eats early and takes dal, sabzi, chicken, fish. She does not take any carbohydrates after 6 pm.
• Cardio exercises, cycling, and functional and weight training.
• Swimming and playing tennis.
• Visiting gym twice a day.
• Hot yoga and spinning for more flexibility.
Now that she looks stunning in her new avatar, here is a piece of advice that Sonakshi had to say,“Don’t expect results overnight. It took you months to pile on the kilos, what makes you think it will be gone in a few days? It is important to condition your mind and be patient during the process. Rather than dwelling on how much more you have to achieve, think of how far you have already come.
4. SONAM KAPOOR
All grace and style, Sonam Kapoor is undoubtedly one of the most stylish beauties of the Bollywood. The stunning diva has also become an embodiment of a headstrong woman who is not afraid to voice her opinion.
Sonam battled with the polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and obesity before joining the film industry. At the age of 19, she weighed almost 86 kilos. She managed to shed a whopping 35 kilos in almost two years by following a healthy lifestyle and a strict diet plan.
• Power yoga
• 30 minutes of cardio everyday without fail.
• Weight training
• Physical activities like swimming, dancing and playing squash to stay in shape.
She credits her mother for helping her stick to a strict diet plan and avoided chocolates, ice creams and fried food items.
• She begins her day drinking a glass of lukewarm water with lemon juice.
• Breakfast: Oatmeal and fruits.
• Post-workout snacks: Brown bread with egg whites.
• Lunch: 1 bowl of dal, a small portion of sabzi, one raging roti, salad and a piece of chicken or fish.
• Evening snacks: High-fiber crackers with chicken cold cuts or egg whites.
• Dinner: Soup, salad and a piece of chicken or fish
So ladies, don’t be lazy, just take inspiration from the sensuous actresses and bid goodbye to that extra flab on the healthiest way possible. It is never too late for anything, just have a strong determination, and you will surprise yourself.